Who will be able to receive UAH 8,000? quarantine assistance?
On November 26, 2020, the President of Ukraine submitted to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine a bill proposing to introduce a procedure for payment of social support to insured persons and business entities whose activities were restricted due to the introduction of restrictive quarantine measures.
One-time financial assistance to insured persons.
Amount of assistance: UAH 8,000.
Will be able to get: employees and sole proprietors.
– temporary suspension of work by employers / sole proprietors due to the introduction of restrictive anti-epidemic measures
– availability as of 31.10.2020 of the main activity of the sole proprietorship or business entity, the employee of which is a person, one of the activities of which the list must be approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
To date, such a list of activities has not been approved. Deputy Prime Minister Mykhailo Fedorov announced on his Facebook page that FOPs and employees whose employer has one of the 6 NACE categories will receive assistance:
47 – Retail trade (except of motor vehicles and motorcycles);
55 – Temporary accommodation;
56 – Food and beverage service activities;
59.14 – Demonstration of films;
90 – Activities in the field of creativity, art and entertainment;
93 – Activities in the field of sports, recreation and entertainment.
Grounds for refusal:
– if you work for an employer that did not accrue SDRs for the third quarter of 2020;
– if the employer has specified as of 31.10.2020 another main activity than one of those required;
– if you work part-time;
– if the average salary for all months of the third quarter of 2020 exceeds UAH 30,000. month.
For sole proprietors:
– if registered less than three months before the date of entry into force of the law;
– if on the date of entry into force of the law the SSC was paid for itself in 2020 in less than three months;
– if the main type of economic activity as of 31.10.2020 is specified other than one of those required;
– if they are employees at the same time;
– if on the date of entry into force of the Law their activity is terminated.
Grounds for receipt: submission of the application in electronic form through the Unified State Web Portal of Electronic Services.
The statement will need to indicate:
– date of birth;
– RNOKPP or series and passport number;
– address of residence;
– confirmation of the applicant’s compliance with the above requirements;
– bank account number (in IBAN format) to which the applicant wishes to be paid financial assistance.
Consequences of the applicants’ submission of inaccurate information affecting the receipt of cash benefits: the amount of one-time financial assistance is refundable by the applicant in double amount. If such an applicant does not voluntarily return these funds, the latter will be forcibly recovered on the basis of a claim for reimbursement of one-time financial assistance.
One-time financial assistance to business entities.
The amount of assistance: is determined in proportion to the working hours of the employee who is reduced or planned to be reduced, but not more than 8,000 UAH. per employee.
Will be able to: legal entities.
Prerequisite: forced reduction by a legal entity on the date of entry into force of the Law or those that may reduce the working hours of employees, including through downtime.
Grounds for refusal of financial assistance:
– for which the employer paid SDRs less than for all months of the third quarter of 2020;
– who work part-time.
– which are registered less than three months before the date of entry into force of the Law;
– who receive partial unemployment benefits;
– which are in a state of suspension or bankruptcy.
Grounds for receipt: submission of the application, including in electronic form through the Unified state web portal of electronic services.
Consequences of the applicants’ submission of inaccurate information that affects the receipt of cash payments, as well as misuse of such funds: the amount of one-time financial assistance is refundable by the applicant in double amount.
One-time reimbursement to business entities.
Prerequisite: the presence as of 31.10.2020 of the main activity of one of those, the list of which must be approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
Grounds for receipt: submit applications electronically to the tax authority at the place of registration as a payer of SSC.
Rules for calculating one-time compensation: defined as the average value of paid SDRs for ten months before the date of entry into force of the Law.
Grounds for refusal:
– the presence of arrears on the payment of SDRs;
– if the businesswoman’s activity is terminated.
The law provides for its application in 2020, so if the law is adopted, we will have to hurry to exercise our right to receive such quarantine assistance.
Also note that the procedure for applying for and providing social support in all three forms is not developed, as for the list of activities that are required as a prerequisite for application, and should be regulated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
You can get acquainted with the text of the bill and find out the state of its passage and consideration at the link: http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=70533